[vtkusers] surface reconstruction from unstructured grid

evertjan at isi.uu.nl evertjan at isi.uu.nl
Mon Aug 20 17:47:18 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have sample points of the surface of a single 3D object, shaped
something like a bowling pin (so mostly convex, but some local
concavities) in an unstructured grid.
>From these (sparse) points I want to find a surface representation of
the volume.
I used Delaunay3D, but this does not reconstruct the concave part well,
even for alpha!=0, which yielded some surprising results. The
vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter gives strange results too, maybe because
the number of points (80 per volume) is too low?

Anybody has hints on this? I have a fealing Delaynay might do the trick
with some restrictions?

Best regards

Evert-jan Vonken