[vtkusers] help needed in resolving this pipeline problem

Mallya, Yogish (CORP, GEITC) Yogish.Mallya at geind.ge.com
Mon Aug 20 11:08:12 EDT 2001

Hi folks,

I am using vtkImageDatastreamer to split the data in the Z direction(to
create  smaller chunks ). The tcl code looks something like this.

 	vtkImageGradientMagnitude gradient
	gradient SetInput [ reader GetOutput]

           vtkImageDataStreamer imageStreamer1
           imageStreamer1 SetInput [ gradient  GetOutput]
	imageStreamer1 Update

	 vtkImageDataStreamer imageStreamer2
            imageStreamer2 SetInput [ gradient  GetOutput]
	imageStreamer2 Update

Here object "gradient" executes twice. Is this the right behaviour of
pipeline ?. Actually I want to execute "gradient" only once. Can someone
please tell me how to overcome the re-execution of "gradient" ?

Thanks in advance,
Yogish mallya