[vtkusers] read/insert points from/into polydata

Simon Faust simon.faust at post.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Aug 20 08:49:42 EDT 2001

Hi
I have the following little problem: in my app, there is a vtkPolyData that contains several vtkPoints. These points have to be transformed. After that, I want to read the transformed point data and insert it into another instance of vtkPolyData.
I have tried the following:
 Set nextprofile = profileTF2.GetOutput.GetPoints (after transformation, profileTF2 is vtkTransformPolyDataFilter)
and then
 segmentpt(j).SetPoint 0, nextprofile.GetPoint(0) (in order to insert Point 0 from nextprofile as Point 0 into segmentpt(j) (<- vtkPoint)).
This doesn't work. Thankfully awaiting any hints
Simon