[vtkusers] problem isosurfacing, A VTK bug?

Gala'Vi and Liss @ Mainframe Country pushkare at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 15 16:12:02 EDT 2001

What's really bothering me about that coredump from dbx, is that on the
very first line:

 0 vtkIdList::GetNumberOfIds(void)(this = 0x89)
["/scratch/Develop/vtk3.2/common/vtkIdList.h":65, 0x10237440]

The pointer value is 0x89 which I think is way too low! I'm running on an
Origin 200 in mips3 mode (32-bit addressing, R10K x 2, 1Gb RAM), same
thing happens on my good old Onyx (32-bit addressing, R4400 x 4, 256Mb
RAM). Operating system IRIX6.5.5 on both. The code that's triggering this
is in vtkMergePoints.cxx:

  if (bucket) // see whether we've got duplicate point
    {
    //
    // Check the list of points in that bucket.
    //
    int ptId;
    float *pt;
    int NumberOfIds = bucket->GetNumberOfIds (); <---- Line 158

It's like the bucket pointer is whacked out. I'm going to try to see
what's going on, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to
update VTK again and recompile. So far I'm pretty lost.

-- Gala
NCSA, UIUC

  -- There is always a way,
        you just have to find it.