[vtkusers] vtkQGL, editing source code required?

Oliver Fleig Oliver.Fleig at univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Aug 9 10:27:28 EDT 2001

On Wednesday,  8. August 2001 16:59, George Kamucha wrote:

> I am installing vtkQGL (version vtkQGL_vtk31) using vtk 3.1 and Qt 2.1.0
> but when it reaches to the compilation of vtkQGLInteractorWidget.cpp, I get
> the following error:
>
> vtkQGLInteractorWidget.cpp: in method 'void
> vtkQGLInteractorWidget::PickActor(int, int)':
> vtkQGLInteractorWidget.cpp:529: type 'vtkActor' is not a base type for type
> 'vtkAssembly'
> vtkQGLInteractorWidget.cpp:533: no matching function for call to
> 'vtkQGLInteractorWidget::actorPicked(vtk Assembly *, vtkPicker *&)'
> vtkQGLInteractorWidget.h:125: candidates are:
> vtkQGLInteractorWidget::actorPicked(vtkActor *, vtkPicker *)
> make[1]: *** [vtkQGLInteractorWidget.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory 'home/kamucha/vtkQGL31/src'
>

> I am left wondering, do I have to change the source code
> vtkQGLInteractorWidget.cpp or is there something that I am missing
> somewhere?

You have to change to code!
I think it just in vtkQGLInteractorWidget.cpp. I send you a patch for
src/tkQGLInteractorWidget.cpp.  If I remember correctly these are the only
changes I made.
The second patch is for Linux systems (or gcc in general???). The patch makes
the Makefile make a "better" shared library. You have to add the "-fPIC" flag
to CFLAGS in include.make, too (no patch for that as you have to edit that
file anyway). With the unchanged Makefile  I had problems with the "ldconfig"
command.

Cheers

Oliver

PS: Keep me updated

--
Oliver Fleig - Laboratoire IDM (fka SIM)
mailto:Oliver.Fleig at univ-rennes1.fr