[vtkusers] vtkMath::Jacobi question

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu Aug 9 08:36:27 EDT 2001

Are you giving vtkMath::Jacobi a symmetric matrix?  The Jacobi algorithm only works on a symmetric
matrix.  If you are using Jacobi to do a general eigen analysis, that could explain why you are
seeing this message.

We have been looking at adding more general eigen analysis capabilities into vtk.  The trick is
finding an eigensystem implementation that is self contained so that it can be easily included and
maintained.