[vtkusers] Problems on SuSE7.0 and VTK3.2

Berk Geveci berkgeveci at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:04:29 EDT 2001

If you really need the mesa classes (I never used mayavi so I don't
know), you will have to get a mesa distribution which supports off-screen
rendering. You might want to get the latest mesa (3.5)
and compile it yourself. However, I would first compile vtk without
mesa and try to run mayavi that way.

>I just finished a successful compilation run without --with-tcl !
>so the cause of the problem seems the Tcl-Version tcl-8.3.1.

The cause is not tcl. It's that if you compile without --with-tcl,
no executables are generated and there are no resulting link errors.
If you then go and try to compile a c++ example, you will get the same
error.

Berk