[vtkusers] Merging of implicits

Lego Andy me at andy.cx
Wed Apr 25 11:43:11 EDT 2001

Hello!

I am working on the project, where I need to merge implicit functions.

For example I want to merge two spheres:

sphere1 = vtkSphere()
sphere1.SetCenter(center1)
sphere1.SetRadius(radius1)

sphere2 = vtkSphere()
sphere2.SetCenter(center2)
sphere2.SetRadius(radius2)

implicit = vtkImplicitBoolean()
implicit.SetOperationTypeToUnion()
implicit.AddFunction(sphere1)
implicit.AddFunction(sphere2)

This will result in spheres being merged together, so the new implicit will
have value at all volume of both spheres.

The problem is that the volume will be a maximum value of these two spheres.
What I would need is that the value of the volume would be a sum of volumes:

Instead of:

	v[x,y,z] = MAX(sphere1[x,y,z], sphere2[x,y,z])

to be:

	v[x,y,z] = sphere1[x,y,z] + sphere2[x,y,z]

Thank you for your suggestion.

				Andy

--