[vtkusers] Cut plane through a 3D volume

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Apr 21 02:04:53 EDT 2001

hi,

    JW> I see there is a nice example of using
    JW> vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter to do what I'm after (at
    JW> least for the image data) in chapter 13 of "The Visualization
    JW> Toolkit".  I have looked in the CD that comes with the book to
    JW> try to find this code, but can't locate it - does anyone know
    JW> the file names/locations?  Also, is there a Tcl version of
    JW> this example (I'll be developing in Tcl).

Well, there are two ways to get information like this.

 (1) Use grep in the example directories for the thing you want.  In
 your case you can do something like.

$ cd path_to_vtk_examples/graphics/examplesTcl/
$ grep StructuredPointsGeometryFilter *

ExtractTensors.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter g
Hyper.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter g
grep: RenderMan: Is a directory
StructuredPointsExtents.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter geom1
StructuredPointsExtents.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter geom2
StructuredPointsExtents.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter geom3
StructuredPointsGeometry.tcl:  vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter spgf$dim
TenAxes.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter plane
TenEllip.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter plane
appendImplicitModel.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter plane
appendImplicitModelNoBounds.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter plane
clipArt.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter geometry
contourMatrix.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter toGeometry
createBFont.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter geometry
imageWarp.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter geometry
spToPd.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter geometry
testTexThresh.tcl:vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter planePolys

$

Or

 (2) Visit the documentation pages, from the class hierarchy go to the
 class you are interested in and look at the 'Examples' section.  You
 should see similar results.  The only problem being that the examples
 html page is __huge__!  But if you have a local copy of the docs it
 isnt that bad.  The docs are avlbl online at

   http://www.kitware.com/vtkhtml/vtkdata/html/classes.html

prabhu