[vtkusers] Java GetActors()

Brian Henz bjhenz at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:20:22 EDT 2001

I just downloaded the new precompiled Windows and the vtk.tar.gz files for
Unix.  After Installing and compiling I find that GetActors() returns null.
Here's an example of what I do:

vtkPanel renPanel = new vtkPanel();
  Add Some Actors
// Now to remove actors
vtk.vtkActorCollection actorcollection =
          renPanel.GetRenderer().GetActors();

// But this next line fails because actorcollection == null.
// There are actors in the renderer because I can see them and
// If i know the actor's name I can delete it.  The same
// code worked with the 04/04/2001 version.
actorcollection.InitTraversal();

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Also, on an SGI machine with JDK
1.3 the vtkPanel does not show up.  (I had this a long time ago but was
kinda fixed recently when vtkPanel created a seperate Render window.)

Thanks,
     Brian