[vtkusers] vtkExtractVOI and vtkReslice

Zeger Knops zeger at cs.uu.nl
Thu Apr 12 08:52:12 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm using VTK 3.2 with the Java interface. If I use the following code
something strange happens, I extract a volume and I would like to reslice
this volume. But VTK crashes when I use the following code. When I display
only the VOI the program works fine, but when I display the relsliced volume
VTK crashes. Reslice outputs a volume with the correct size but the data
inside the volume is corrupt. Any suggestions?

		vtkExtractVOI extractResliceVOI = new vtkExtractVOI();
		extractResliceVOI.SetInput( structuredPoints );
		extractResliceVOI.SetVOI( 10, 30,
						10, 30,
						10, 30 );

		vtkTransform transform = new vtkTransform();
		transform.Identity();

		vtkImageReslice reslice = new vtkImageReslice();
		reslice.SetInput( extractResliceVOI.getOutput() );
		reslice.SetResliceTransform( transform );

Zeger Knops MSc.
Utrecht University