[vtkusers] Problems with mouse interaction using Java (jdk1.3)

Drazen Beatovic beatovic_drazen at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 15:41:58 EDT 2001

I am trying to use slightly modified version of
vtkPanel.java in our application.

Mouse interaction is done by attaching appropriate
listeners to Canvas ( vtkPanel extends Canvas ).

Everything appears to work fine with jdk1.2.2.

When jdk1.3 is used mouse listeners are never
called. I believe that we have re-build vtk.jar using
jdk1.3.

Is there a way to make vtk mouse interaction work with
jdk1.3 when vtkRenderWindow is placed into either
Canvas or JPanel (like vtkPanel.java).

Simple example would be very nice.

Best regards,

Drazen