[vtkusers] Fortran Unformatted (binary) data

feigee at us.sina.com feigee at us.sina.com
Thu Apr 5 02:48:45 EDT 2001

Hi,

For a reader to read binary data written in C/C++ (such as those *.bin files in vtkdata) across platforms, I utilize vtkByteSwap::Swap4BE() method and it worked great.  Now I would like to know what should we use if we are reading binary data written in Fortran through the

OPEN (11, FILE="mydata.unf", FORM="UNFORMATTED")
WRITE(11) data1, data2, ...

More specifically, if I want to extend vtkPLOT3DReader so that it will read not only C-binary files (*.bin) but also F77-binary data (mydata.unf), what byteswap methods should I use?  Any examples out there or if someone can share the section of the codes for me to "imitate"?  Thanks in advance.

Alan