[vtkusers] Re: vtkSelectVisiblePoints

Simon Bulman S.D.Bulman at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Apr 4 09:19:38 EDT 2001

Hello all,

My troubles with vtkSelectVisiblePoints continues......

So I have tried to go back to basics, but alas anouther problem occurs. Here is my code.

  void PolyPost_PresentationMeshRegionNumbers::_ComputeNodeNumbersPrs (void)
  {
   // Get the grid and the node ids from the mesh region.

    vtkUnstructuredGrid* grid = _region->GetGrid();
    vtkIdList*           ids  = _region->GetPointIds();

    // Convert the regions unstructured mesh to polygonal data.

    vtkGeometryFilter* filter = vtkGeometryFilter::New();
    filter->SetInput(grid);

    // Set the scalar data of the PolyData to the node numbers of the mesh region.

    vtkScalars*  scalars = vtkScalars::New(VTK_INT);

    for (int inode = 0; inode <= grid->GetNumberOfPoints(); ++inode)
    {
      scalars->InsertScalar(inode,ids->GetId(inode));
    }

    filter->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->SetScalars(scalars);

    // Create a labeled data mapper.

    vtkLabeledDataMapper* mapper = vtkLabeledDataMapper::New();
    mapper->SetInput(filter->GetOutput());
    mapper->SetLabelFormat("%i");
    mapper->SetLabelModeToLabelScalars();

    // Create an actor.

    vtkActor2D* actor = vtkActor2D::New();
    actor->SetMapper(mapper);

    // Add the actor to the props list.

    _props->AddItem(actor);

    // Clean up.

    filter->Delete();
    scalars->Delete();
    mapper->Delete();
    actor->Delete();
  }

The error:

ERROR: In D:\vtk-daily\vtk\imaging\vtkLabeledDataMapper.cxx, line 240
vtkLabeledDataMapper (01684DB0): Need input data to render labels

Now I would of thought that line
    filter->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->SetScalars(scalars);
has set the scalar values. Am I wrong??? is there some funny referencing going on here???

Thanks for any help, once this works I can try to use the vtkSelectVisiblePoints class again.

Simon