[vtkusers] Problems with Pickers

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Apr 3 13:14:07 EDT 2001

Hi Carlos-

At 06:56 PM 4/3/2001 +0200, Carlos Martinez Burgos wrote:

>I use a CellPicker and when I run the Pick method on the renderer, it
>picks on the first actor whose bounding box has hited. If I have a big
>actor in front of a smaller one and I point to the smaller the first is
>picked because its bounding box is in front.

This is the behavior of vtkPicker, not vtkCellPicker. Are you assigning the picker to the vtkRenderWindowInteractor?

>I use a PointPicker to select points from a point cloud (polydata). When I
>run the Pick method I get ids but there are no points around in some
>distance.

You probably want to use vtkPropPicker...it uses hardware picking (warning: sometimes the drivers do not work right, especially on PC's).

Will

Dr. William J. Schroeder
Kitware, Inc.
469 Clifton Corporate Parkway