[vtkusers] Problems compiling VTK 3.1.2

Carlos Martinez cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Mon Sep 25 05:27:52 EDT 2000

Thanks for the answer but it doesn't work.

I have seen the file configure.in searching the line where
API_GRAPHICS_FLAGS apears in. The -DVTK_USE_OGLR define statement appears
too. I have seen that it is defined only if the variable use_oglr is set
to yes. Looking for where this variable is set, I have seen that there is
a block of code in wich some includes are checked (after set
use_oglr=no). There are four checks. In the first it says:

AC_CHECK_HEADERS(GL/gl.h, [use_oglr=yes])

It doesn't appear the whole path to the OpenGL includes, like in the other
checks. I have seen that glxMesa rpm package install the headers in
/usr/X11R6/include/GL. In this path there is no file named glxmd.h like in
the other checks, so these checks don't set use_oglr to yes.

I think in two possible solutions. One is to add the whole path to the
first check. Two is change glxmd.h file check to glx.h. What do you think?

I'm goint to test the first solution.

Thanks.