[vtkusers] wxWindows and VTK

Jonathan M. Gilligan jonathan.gilligan at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Sep 18 16:59:01 EDT 2000

Only the Linux version of Qt is available under GPL. To develop Qt software
under Windows, you must buy the Qt/Windows Professional kit for $1550.00
per developer, even if you're developing free software. Moreover you are
forbidden from developing GPL software using the Windows version of Qt.
Thus, Qt really does not seem to be competitive with WxWindows for
multiplatform development, particularly if you're developing free software.

 From the TrollTech FAQ (http://www.trolltech.com/developer/faq/free.html):