[vtkusers] New release of vtkEditor

kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Sep 18 06:35:13 EDT 2000

---  Forwarded by news2mail for vtkEditor <vtkedit at esat.kuleuven.ac.be> ---

Hi,

We've just released version 1.1 of vtkEditor. You can find it at
http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~vtkedit/.
New in this version:
- Tix has been removed and replaced with BWidget.
- Completely redesigned the extrude window (now called Freestyle 2D
Object):
  - Make linear and rotational extrusion with one window.
  - You can use bezier curves for designing extrude objects.
  - Added a grid with grid snapping.

We're still working on some more features (Finalizing the magnet moving,
adding left, top and front wireframe views like in 3DS, actor grouping).
About the grouping, does anyone know an easy way to do so. The purpose
is to keep separate actors, but to be able to manipulate (rotate,
move,...) the group as a whole.
Suggestions, new features are welcome at vtkedit at esat.kuleuven.ac.be.

--
vtkEditor