[vtkusers] Install error in vtkNightlyCpp.exe

jpretru at socabim.fr jpretru at socabim.fr
Mon Sep 18 06:25:53 EDT 2000

Hi,
I'd download today the vtkNightlyCpp.exe and I have the same problem than
you.

The installation process stops with an error:
An I/O Error occured while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad
installation media or a corrupt installation file.

The error occurs while the installer tries to copy
"C:\\vtkNightly\include\\vtk.h".

How have you solved your problem ?

Jean-Paul RETRU
jpretru at socabim.fr
SOCABIM
9 bis, Villa du Bel-Air
75012 PARIS
FRANCE
Tel.: (+33) 1 43 44 72 73
Fax.: (+33) 1 43 45 93 08

I just tried to install the Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries (Windows 9x/NT) of
the
VTK nightly releases. This works fine except for the vtkNightlyCpp.exe.

The installation process stops with an error:
An I/O Error occured while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad
installation media or a corrupt installation file.

The error occurs while the installer tries to copy
"C:\\vtkNightly\include\\vtk.h".

I think that the "\\" produces the error. Could somebody please fix the bug?

Thanks,
Tom