[vtkusers] Voronoi diagram ?

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 13 10:23:34 EDT 2000

In spite of the subject title, the original question asked about doing "Voronoi
triangulation".  There is no such thing.  Yes, a Voronoi diagram is the dual of
a Delaunay triangulation (but the diagram doesn't connect the "centers" of the
triangles - whatever that means).  A web search, or good ol' fashioned textbook
search, should turn up plenty of background.

I'm curious why a Voronoi diagram (polygons) would be any more useful than a
triangulation - esp. since graphics cards like triangles (strips).

--Randy
ps. rf. to earlier refs on this:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2000-July/003850.html

pps. Voronoi = Dirichlet diagrams  (Dirichlet ~1850, Voronoi paper ~1908)