[vtkusers] Re: VC6 + MFC: and recent Nightly

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Tue Sep 12 04:58:36 EDT 2000

Hi Maurizio,

I just rebuilt our VC++/MFC application with the nightly:

  Program:   Visualization Toolkit
  Module:    $RCSfile: vtkVersion.h,v $
  Language:  C++
  Date:      $Date: 2000/09/09 20:11:09 $
  Version:   $Revision: 1.625 $

All looks good so far.  The nightlies looked unstable earlier that week,
so there may have been problems in your revision 1.622 (Sep 6).  If
you get the same problems with the current nightly, try building the
new version of Sample, $:\vtk\Sample\Sample.dsw.  This demo MFC app
has been brought up to date, and there are a few significant changes.
Most importantly, the vtkHandleMessage call has been replaced with
vtkHandleMessage2, and 'o' for object mode in the default interactor
has been reworked to use 'a' for actor mode.  'c' still switches back
to camera mode, 'j'=joystick and 't'=trackball.

>From $:\vtk\Sample\vtkMFCRenderView.cpp:

// Define our own event handler here
LRESULT vtkMFCRenderView::WindowProc( ... )
{
  switch (message)
    {
    //case WM_PAINT:
    case WM_LBUTTONDOWN:
    case WM_LBUTTONUP:
    case WM_MBUTTONDOWN:
    case WM_MBUTTONUP:
    case WM_RBUTTONDOWN:
    case WM_RBUTTONUP:
    case WM_MOUSEMOVE:
    case WM_CHAR:
    case WM_TIMER:
      if (this->Interactor->GetInitialized())
        {
        return vtkHandleMessage2(           // <-- changed
                 this->m_hWnd,
                 message, wParam, lParam,
                 this->Interactor);
        }
      break;
    }
  return vtkMFCView::WindowProc(message, wParam, lParam);
}