[vtkusers] graphic movement control by the servomotor

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 03:26:20 EDT 2000

>servomotor. The control signal will be converted by the ADC(the signal from
>servomotor) and as a input to the computer.  Anyone can sent me some idea or
>information about this?

Convert the signal from the servo by some means (you choose) into a
camera/actor position vector, or even a motion direction vector. Subclass
vtkInteractorStyle and drive your system directly - by forcing updates
within the interactor after each motion step. Alternatively, create a
camera object and do the same thing by forcing the renderwindow to render
after a certain time. Both options would allow you to either setup a timer
and automatically update or update when motion has occurred.

JB