[vtkusers] vtkCutter..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Tue Sep 5 01:59:26 EDT 2000

Trying to use vtkCutter (with a plane) for the first time...

I used a simple structured grid volume (with points reflecting a
rectilinear grid). I am able
to get cut planes along the XY plane (normal of 0,0.1), but in the other
2 planes I
get a blank screen. For simplicity, I choose the origin to be the center
of the volume.
What could possibly cause this?  I will stare at the examples more.

Related qn: on a structured grid, do you have to explicitly call
ComputeBounds() to
get the bounding box updated? Even with this, somehow, my bounding box
I get
seems to be always 0-1 in each dimension.

Thanks.

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 687-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 687-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs