[vtkusers] RE: Problem in saving data generated from unstructured points!

George Kamucha kamucha at hfm.e-technik.uni-kassel.de
Tue Oct 31 08:56:20 EST 2000

Sorry Prabhu,  that I couldn't reply to your letter  immediately, I had taken a
short break from here. Here are a few lines which I used to save the structured
point data, of course using your great suggestion:
( the data to be saved is popSurface, and I defined the writer as dsw)

vtkDataSetWriter  *dsw =  vtkDataSetWriter::New();
      dsw->SetInput(popSurface->GetOutput());
      dsw->SetFileName("laser.vtk");
      dsw->Write();

That worked but I didn't rejoice for long. I have realised that with  the
splatting technique, I have lost the finer details of the original data. Well, I
am trying another method of presenting my data. Thanks a lot for your great idea,
bye bye!

regards

George