[vtkusers] Building VTK on LINUX

Dave Herzig d.herzig at dplanet.ch
Mon Oct 30 21:27:19 EST 2000

Dear VTK Users

If I build VTK3.1 I get to following error in the linking process:

libVTKImagingTcl.so: undefined reference to `vtkMesaImageWindow::New(void)'
libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `OSMesaMakeCurrent'
libVTKImagingTcl.so: undefined reference to `vtkXMesaTextMapper::New(void)'
libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `OSMesaCreateContext'
libVTKImagingTcl.so: undefined reference to `vtkMesaPolyDataMapper2D::New(void)'
libVTKImagingTcl.so: undefined reference to `vtkMesaImageMapper::New(void)'
libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `OSMesaDestroyContext'
libVTKImagingTcl.so: undefined reference to `vtkMesaImager::New(void)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [vtk] Error 1

I tried to build VTK with the following options:
configure --with-x --with-shared --with-contrib --with-patented --with-tcl --with-tkwidget --with-mesa --with-opengl

I'm using Mesa3.2.

Can anybody give me some hints how to solve this problem?

Thx

DAVE