[vtkusers] vtkInteractorStyle

Steve Woolsey woolsr at inel.gov
Thu Oct 26 13:45:12 EDT 2000

I have been trying to figure out a method of doing what I need for the
interactor, but can't seem to figure it out.
The app I am developing has the following requirements:

1. Rubberband region zooming
2. Mouse over actor events (needs to show the name of the object when
the mouse is moved over the actor)
3. Have pan and picking still work.
3. Must be in C++

So I have been looking at TkInteractor.tcl for the rubberbanding and
have it working.  The question I have is how to do the mouse over
event.  I am using vtkInteractorUser and it seems I can only do the
mouse over event by calling StartUserInteraction, but if I do that then
panning and picking won't work.  Is there a way to have both
functionalities without having to code a whole new style of Interactor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Steven Woolsey                         Engineer/Scientist
Bechtel BWXT Idaho, LLC                Visualization Engineer
Idaho National Engineering Lab.        EMAIL: woolsr at inel.gov
P.O. Box 1625, M.S. 3605
Idaho Falls, ID  83415-3605