[vtkusers] Reading Structured Points using ImageReader

Sathya Krishnamurthy (CSCS) skrishna at cscs.ch
Thu Oct 26 08:19:23 EDT 2000

Hello Everybody

I am trying to read a structured points data file using ImageReader. The
data file is organized as follows:

<.. FileHeader...> 44bytes containing Dimensions x,y,z
4 bytes space
<X - Scalar Data ...> <which is x*y*z sizeof float
4 bytes space
<Y - Scalar Data ...> <which is x*y*z sizeof float
4 bytes space
<Z - Scalar Data ...> <which is x*y*z sizeof float

I have constructed the Reader sub-classing from vtkImageReader. In the
ExecuteInformation I have read the header and put all the information in

DataVOI, DataExtent , FileDimensionality, NumberOfScalarComponents and
the HeaderSize

But I am not sure If I could use the further ImageReader to read the
data. Also, I would like to DataStreaming available in ImageReader
because I am dealing with large datasets.

Can someone kindly help me with this ?

Thanks a lot
Regards
Sathya