[vtkusers] implicit surface with polys qn..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Wed Oct 25 14:04:01 EDT 2000

I have 2D contours from a series of consecutive image slices. I need to
do the following:

1. Connect them up into a polyhedral mesh (actually linear
interpolation, which is polyhedral)
2. I want to treat this like an implicit function, in particular, be
able to do a membership test, inside
    should be positive, outside should be negative, on the surface
should be zero..

The surface is open at both ends (like a bent pipe)

As I am fighting a deadline,  if someone has done something similar, I
would like to know
the easiest way to do this using VTK.

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 687-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 687-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs