[vtkusers] TkRenderWidget error

Simon J. Rees sjrees at okstate.edu
Tue Oct 24 11:05:17 EDT 2000

I have been looking at using vtkTkRenderWidget in a tcl application but have
found a general problems on my system. If I run any of the example scripts
that use vtkTkRenderWidget, the widget renders ok, but when ever the script
exits I get the following type of error message:

TkRenderWidget: wish82.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "read".

The system is an Intel NT4 sp6 system. I installed vtk from the 3.1.2
distribution. The tcltk installation is 8.2.3.
Do I have a problem with the vtk/tcl revision combination? Are there
problems with vtkTkRenderWidget I should know about?

Thanks,

Simon