[vtkusers] Geforce 2 cards

kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Oct 20 11:58:01 EDT 2000

---  Forwarded by news2mail for vtkEditor <vtkedit at esat.kuleuven.ac.be> ---

I've benchmarked a Geforce2 on the following system:
- Dual Pentium III 733
- 256 RDRAM
- i840 motherboard
- ASUS V7700 Geforce2 GTS Deluxe 64MB
- NVIDIA driver v0.9-5
- XFree86 v4.0
- i686 running Linux 2.2.17
- VTK 3.1.2 (rev: 1.476, 2000/04/03 14:51:38)
- OpenGL
- Visual is 1280x1024, truecolor/truecolor/24
- Tcl/Tk 8.3.2

Benching for sphere resolutions : 256
Setting(s) : window is 400 x 400, sphere radius is 0.9
 Option(s) : [stripper]
   256x256 : 1362.9 kpolys/s

Benching for sphere resolutions : 256
Setting(s) : window is 400 x 400, sphere radius is 0.9
 Option(s) : [wireframe]
   256x256 :  643.8 kpolys/s

Benching for sphere resolutions : 256
Setting(s) : window is 400 x 400, sphere radius is 0.9
 Option(s) : [transparency]
   256x256 :  656.2 kpolys/s

Benching for sphere resolutions : 256
Setting(s) : window is 400 x 400, sphere radius is 0.5
 Option(s) : [small_sphere]
   256x256 :  656.4 kpolys/s

note: Whenever i enable the textures, vtk crashes.
note2: I get exact the same benchmark results when i set the window to
1000x1000.

Perhaps I'll try the benchmark next week on Windows NT 4.0.
I think the numbers should be higher, because the Geforce2 has a 25
million triangles/sec peak troughput (ofcourse theoretically!)

Does VTK uses the hardware T&L and hardware clipping of the Geforce2??

--
vtkEditor
email: vtkedit at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
site: http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~vtkedit