[vtkusers] Coloring Axes

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Tue Oct 17 00:31:46 EDT 2000

I am new to VTK . However I am finding it generally easy to understand and
use. But

I have an axes instantiated from the vtkAxes class. In the documentation I
see a reference to changing the colour of the axes by using a lookup table
as follows (from the documentation):
“vtkAxes creates three lines that form an x-y-z axes. The origin of the axes
is user specified (0,0,0 is default), and the size is specified with a scale
factor. Three scalar values are generated for the three lines and can be
used (via colour map) to indicate a particular coordinate axis.”
How do you do it? I have read the VTK user’s Guide and tried to find an
example but to no avail. I just want the x-, y-, z- axes to be coloured red,
green blue respectively.
While I am on the subject, why is there not a similar class to
vtkAxesActor2D for 3D axes?
Thanks
   Andrew