[vtkusers] source install not working with TCL

Wolfram H Volpi whv88240 at Bayou.UH.EDU
Wed Oct 11 14:20:33 EDT 2000

I tried a source install at school (SiliconGraphics, NT 4.0, MS VS 6.0 C++
compiler), but vtk-tcl does not work.
After finishing the source install, I run hello.tcl and get this Windows
error on the first call to vtk:

	Error in startup script
	! invalid command name "vtkRenderer"
	  while executing
	"vtkRenderer ren1"
	 (file "C:\VTK31CD\vtk\graphics\examplesTcl\hello.tcl" line 11)

I get the same error if I install debug version, optimized version,
incremental linking, or normal linking.
I get the same error if I copy the dll files into C:\Winnt\system
I get the same error if I set PATH (to the directories where the .dll
files were created) and then reboot.

All teh old vtk*.dll files were deleted.
In pcmaker I have the following options: "Local" in not checked, and "Build
Tcl" is checked.
I used nmake from MS-DOS to compile.

When I run C:\Program Files\Tcl\lib\tk8.2\demos\widget.tcl  TCL works
fine.
I have VTK source install on my home computer (Athlon, NT 4.0, same
compiler) working fine.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thank you in advance,
Wolfram Volpi.