[vtkusers] debugging vkt source

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-vtk at barre.nom.fr
Sun Oct 8 12:09:24 EDT 2000

At 08/10/00 09:02, Wolfram H Volpi wrote:
>Is there a debugger to trace a vtk C++ function when it is called from a
>tcl script?

Not to my knowledge.

>Is there any debugger documentation for vtk?

As stated in the books, all classes share the :
DebugOn
DebugOff
members functions. Use DebugOn on your Tcl object and it will displays
additional informations related to what it is doing (provided that your
compiled VTK with DebugMacros on).

>I added a vtk class and it seems to be in an infinite loop when I call it
>from my tcl script.

In your code, use the debugging macros to display messages :

                 vtkDebugMacro(<< "doing something");

or write a short C++ program that calls your class, then step into it.