[vtkusers] Redhat compilation!

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Oct 5 04:26:28 EDT 2000

hi,

    Arvind> Hi guys, I have a lil pblm with VTK on Redhat 6.2. I got
    Arvind> everything compiled and looking good. But when I run vtk I
    Arvind> get,

    Arvind> vtk: error in loading shared libraries:
    Arvind> libVTKContribTcl.so: cannot open shared object file: No
    Arvind> such file or directory

	You need to provide more details.  If you compiled it
--with-contrib and didnt include the libVTKContrib.so, you know what
is wrong.  This is because the vtk tcl interpreter itself would have
been compiled with Contrib support.  OTOH if you have done something
else you need to let us know what you did.

	Instead of going thru the hassle of compiling it yourself why
dont you get the nightly rpms from

http://kitware.com/vtkhtml/vtkdata/Nightly.html

	Maybe these rpms need more publicity at the vtk website?  Why
do most people prefer to go thru a massive and potentially problematic
compilation when precompiled rpms/debs are available?

prabhu