[vtkusers] What version to use with redhat 7.0 and VTK3.1.2?

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-a at barre.nom.fr
Tue Oct 3 13:19:40 EDT 2000

At 03/10/00 18:08 +0200, Miguel Angel Martin Fernandez wrote:

>         I'm wondering what version of Tcl/Tk should I use with redhat
>linux 7.0 and VTK 3.1.2.

>         Is it better to go on using the 8.0.5 version or a newer one?

Well, as far as I know, we've been able to build VTK 3.1.2 (CVS) with Tcl
up to 8.3.1-2 on Windows boxes, and the offical VTK release comes with Tcl
8.2. Therefore, 8.2 seems to be a safe bet. And yes, Tcl received a lot of
nice improvements since 8.0.5

BTW, I'd be rather cautious with RH7. It has been released last week, and
according to slashdot it's one of the buggiest RH release ever seen :))
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/10/02/2046212&mode=thread
But let us know if you succeed in compiling and running it.