[vtkusers] Reading files

Charles Law charles.law at kitware.com
Thu Nov 30 08:10:58 EST 2000

Naoko,

At 03:05 PM 11/30/00 +0900, Naoko Takaya wrote:
>Hello VTKUSERS,
>
>I have several image data files with just positive values and zeros.
>I want to read these files and create a 3D image.
>The files include x and z values.
>(Pile the files up in y axis in order)

First:  If you images are in separate files, vtkImageReader will stack them
up along the Z axis.  You can use vtkImagePermute to mave the z axis to the
y axis.

>I used vtkImageReader but they give me errors like;
>"File Operation Failed"
>" row = 0, Read = 202, Skip0 = -404, Skip1 = 40804, FilePos=0 "
>What does this mean?

vtkImageReader tries to compute the header size from the length of the
file, and the DataExtents/DataDimensions you supply.  This error ussually
means that the DataExtent you supplied is larger than the actual extent of
the data in the file.

Charles.