[vtkusers] Selective Picking?

Patrick Lowry plowry at scotia-group.com
Mon Nov 27 13:35:00 EST 2000

Steven:

The answer to your question is to set the vtkActor property SetProperty to
0 for those actors you do not want to pick.  You can use the vtkPicker
property SetTolerance to get more accuracy in what you select.

I have a Tcl/Tk script that displays well bores to TD and perforations
sized by EUR and color coded by year of first production.  It will also
display the land net, well surface locations and user specified surfaces.
The cylinder sizing and color coding can be changed to reflect other
parameters as well.  The user can pick a perforated interval and it will
display, in a separate screen, the well operator, identification and other
pertinent data.  This is a very handy utility for browsing well data sets
that are unfamiliar.

Best of luck on your program.

Patrick Lowry
The Scotia Group, Inc.