[vtkusers] Artifacts in rendering PolyData with opacity < 1

Alejandro F. Frangi afrangi at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Nov 20 03:53:39 EST 2000

Hi all,

 I'm rendering a vtkPolyData set and after i map it with a
PolyDataMapper I want to select give the surface (actor) a given
opacity. Now, if the opacity is unitary there are noproblems. As soon as
I use a smaller opcaity I get funny rendering artifacts when interacting
with the object. Does anybody know the reason of this and how can be
solved? I tried by recomputing the normals before rendering but this
does not make any difference.

  newNormals = vtkPolyDataNormals::New();
  newNormals->SetInput(surface);
  newNormals->SplittingOff();