[vtkusers] Re: Memory loss under dual-cpu/Win2000/OpenGL

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Thu Nov 16 03:04:30 EST 2000

Hello Scott and Chunguang Jia,

> I am using a DELL Precision 410 with two PIII-500MHz CPUs
> and Windows2000. I checked the memory leak problem you
> mentioned on my computer with vtk3.1.2. But no memory leak
> was found. I am sure that both CPUs were working and used by
> the vtk applications.

Thanks for the update.  Scott wrote saying that he too was
using the dual-cpu DELL Precision 410, and that he did not
have this problem with memory loss.  His graphics card is
a FireGL 1 -- is yours the same?

> Dell Precision Workstation 410, dual 700, 384MB,
> all SCSI, Fire GL1 graphics, Win2k SP1.
>
> No leak.

And Scott reports on another OpenGL system:

> Clone box:  Gigabyte GA-6BXD, Dual 450 PIIs, 256MB,
> all IDE, Fire GL 1000 Pro (Permedia based card),
> Latest BIOS, Win2k SP1.
>
> No Leak.

The evidence suggests the problem lies with certain drivers
for certain cards.  Time to call NVidia  :-)
Thanks,
Nigel