[vtkusers] Help adding a subclass

Luis Sainz Hermoso lsaiher at atenea.tel.uva.es
Fri Nov 17 08:42:15 EST 2000

Dear vtkusers,

	I'm trying to subclass the vtkRenderWindowInteractor (vtk 2.3) in
order to use a 3D mouse (Magellan Logitech)with vtk.I have a library
called mgldll.c which I have to use since it contains several useful
functions.

	I've copied vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor3Dmouse.cxx,
vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor3DMouse.h, mgldll.c and mgldll.h to
c:\vtk\contrib. Then I have used the pcmaker (building Tcl) and then I
have executed nmake in c:\vtkbin. But I get the following error while
linking:

Creating library ..\lib/vtkContrib.lib and object ..\lib/vtkContrib.exp
vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor3DMouse.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol
"int __stdcall MagellanInfoWindow(struct _MagellanControl_ *,unsigned
int,long)" (?MagellanInfoWindow@@YGHPAU_MagellanControl_@@IJ at Z)
vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor3DMouse.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "int __stdcall MagellanTranslateEvent(struct
_MagellanControl_ *,struct tagMSG *,struct _MagellanIntegerEvent_
*)" (?MagellanTranslateEvent@@YGHPAU_MagellanControl_@@PAUtagMSG@@PAU_MagellanIntegerEvent_@@@Z)
..\lib/vtkContrib.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

The MagellanInfoWindow and MagellanTranslateEvent functions are defined in
mgldll.c

	Do you know why do I get these errors? Am I correctly trying to
build my class or am I making any mistakes?

	Thank you very much

		Luis Sainz