[vtkusers] Re: help me please - FLTK+VTK

John Shalf jshalf at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 14 14:03:22 EST 2000

It is normal to not get the .o (object) files as part of the download.  The 'makefile'
contains the rules on how to compile vtkFlRenderWindow.cxx into an object file (eg.
vtkFlRenderWindow.o).  So usually you just need to type
    make
for this to work.  If it is unsuccessful, there may be some paths in the top of the makefile
you will need to edit in order to tell it where to find FLTK and your copy of VTK (although
you may want to use VTK 3.1.2 rather than VTK 2.3).

But anyways, from your directory listing, it appears all of the proper files are present, so
you should be able to build the vtkFlRenderWindow.o

-john