[vtkusers] object and actor coordinates qn..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Tue Nov 14 02:06:44 EST 2000

I have  a number of  structured grids (they almost are structured points
but I need to
manipulate the coordinates of the lattice points and vary them, hence I
use
structured grids) that are laid out in a sort of spread sheet style
format.

As the lattice points are varying w.r.t. time, I would like to keep
track of certain
lattice points in each of the grids. I was trying to place little
transparent cubes on top
of these lattice points and I am having a little trouble with coordinate
systems.

I am positioning the grids  using the corresponding actor. Each grid is
identical and
have the same set of points (x, y, z coords).  Is there an easy way to
center the cubes
over certain lattice points of each of the grids?  I first tried to
place them over
the lattice of the grids themselves - but since the point coordinates
for each grid are
the same, they all map to the same location on one fo the grids.

Would it be better if I assign unique set of coordinates to each
structured grid and then
locate the cubes based on these points (and not use actor positioning at
all)?

Else, is there an accurate way to identify a lattice point location in
actor coordinates?

Thanks.

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 687-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 687-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs