[vtkusers] 3D from image slices taken at regular angles?

Gregory Neil Kawchuk kawchuk at ucalgary.ca
Thu Nov 9 18:43:02 EST 2000

I have obtained a number of images of an object during rotation of that
object about its long axis (or rotation of the imaging device).

The result can be envisioned as the air filter or oil filter in your car -
a series of 2D images radiating from a common central axis at regular
angle intervals. In another example, the images are like a deck of cards
set on their side and then fanned around the centre axis like spokes in a
wheel.

To recreate the object in three-dimensions and be able to view it with
varying transparency levels, I would like to organize the seperate images
in what I imagine would be a "circular stack" in comparison to the linear
stack currently available.

Can this be performed in VTK? Thanks in advance.

Greg Kawchuk BSc, DC, MSc, PhD.
Post-Doctoral Fellow, McCaig Centre for Joint Injury and Arth. Research
Clinician, University Health Services
www.ucalgary.ca/~kawchuk