[vtkusers] offscreen rendering bug ?

alext at win.tue.nl alext at win.tue.nl
Wed Nov 8 12:15:52 EST 2000

  Hi,

  I've just downloaded the vtkOpenGlOffscreenRenderWindow written by John
Shalf (code at: http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~heiland/vtk/vtkOffScreen.tar.gz).
This seems to be the only portable manner I can render something offscreen
under UNIX - for Windows, there's a similar class included already in vtk's
contrib ditectory.

  However it seems to me that vtkOpenGlOffscreenRenderWindow has a few bugs.
Namely, I can't manage to use it without Pbuffers _and_ with volume
rendering actors. I don't get anything rendered offscreen. As soon as I
switch to Pbuffers (I'm on an O2), all works fine, I get my offscreen
rendering of the volumes.

  Anyone knowing about this problem ? Anyone knowing how to render
volumes/geometries offscreen under X (besides the Mesa solution, I'm using
OpenGL and not the Mesa library).

  Thanks in advance,

  Alex

 Dr. Alexandru C. Telea      | Technische Universiteit Eindhoven

 E-mail   : alext at win.tue.nl | Dept. of Mathematics and
 Office   :  HG 7.71         | Computer Science
 Tel.     : +31 40 247 2749  | PO Box 513
 Secretary: +31 40 247 4416  | 5600 MB Eindhoven
 Fax      : +31 40 246 8508  | The Netherlands

 URL      : http://www.win.tue.nl/math/an/alext