[vtkusers] vtkWindowToImageFilter and vtkImageViewer

Jonathan M. Gilligan jonathan.gilligan at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Nov 8 02:59:04 EST 2000

WindowToImageFilter does not behave like a regular filter. Specifically, since
a window does not maintain a modification timestamp, the filter does not know
when it needs to update.

Essentially, WindowToImageFilter takes a snapshot of a window when you first
SetInput and the snapshot is not updated unless you explicitly call
WindowToImageFilter::Modified(). The solution, then is to insert calls to

    wtif Modified

and

    wtif_sub Modified

at approproate times.

Hope this helps. I got pretty confused by this myself a few weeks ago and
wasted a lot of time until I found an answer in the old vtk mailing list
archives.

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan M. Gilligan                  jonathan.gilligan at vanderbilt.edu
The Robert T. Lagemann Assistant Professor       Office:  615-343-6252
                   of Living State Physics       Lab (FEL)    343-7580
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy                   Fax:         343-7263
6823 Stevenson Center
Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN 37235        Dep't Office 322-2828