[vtkusers] Classes that support streaming

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-vtk at barre.nom.fr
Fri Nov 3 08:35:23 EST 2000

At 03/11/00 14:15, Sathya Krishnamurthy wrote:

>Can somebody please let me know which classes support DataStreaming ?

I think I've seen some active developments in the CVS related to streaming.
The guru should tell you.

>I am trying to use Isosurfacing and Volume Rendering.

Streamed volume rendering ?

Regarding iso-surfaces, this is not exactly streaming but :
"vtkSliceCubes is a special version of the marching cubes filter. Instead
of ingesting an entire volume at once it processes only four slices at a
time. This way, it can generate isosurfaces from huge volumes. Also, the
output of this object is written to a marching cubes triangle file. That
way, output triangles do not need to be held in memory. "