[vtkusers] 2D Images to 3D Volume

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-vtk at barre.nom.fr
Thu Nov 2 23:14:50 EST 2000

At 02/11/00 16:52, Jin-Teck Chu wrote:

>I am interested in using VTK to extract some 2D TIFF images to 3D surfaces
>based on the different color values.  Is it possible to do so with VTK?

yes

>If it is possible, can you point me to some of the examples or the vtk
>functions?  Thank you.

there are plenty of these.
http://www.hds.utc.fr/~barre/vtk/links.html#examples
look at :
         Make Your Own Visible Woman
         Creating Models From Segmented Images

also browse the documentation :
http://visualizationtoolkit.org/vtk/quality/Doc/html/pages.html
there are links between each classes and the examples using them. Look at
vtkMarchingCubes, or vtkSynchronizedTemplates3D.
the "full-text index" should also have entries for "reconstruction" or
stuff like that.