[vtkusers] Windows Help File

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-vtk at barre.nom.fr
Wed Nov 1 11:25:41 EST 2000

At 01/11/00 11:00, Gerald Dalley wrote:

>A while back, someone had created a Windows helpfile version of the online
>VTK documentation.

I did.

>I've been searching unsuccessfully for a link to that
>page.  Does anyone know if that helpfile has been kept up to date and if
>it's still out there somewhere?

No, I'm not maintaining it anymore.

It takes a hell of time to generate the HTML documentation, and a LOT of
disk space (around 90 Mo). Then you still have to generate the Windows
helpfile, which takes a lot of time too.

Since Kitware rebuilds the HTML documentation every day as part of the
nightly build process, I decided to use it (or download it once a week)
instead of generating my own doc. The links are :
http://www.visualizationtoolkit.org/vtk/quality/Doc/html/
http://www.kitware.com/vtkhtml/vtkdata/Nightly.html
ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/vtk/nightly/vtkMan.tar.gz

Of course, I'm still maintaining the VTK-doxygen project here :
ftp://sic.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr/pub/barre/vtk/doc/
where you should find instruction on how to build the doc and the Windows
help file.

Good luck