Java version of vtkCellArray incomplete?

Rene Tschirley pooh at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon May 22 07:44:19 EDT 2000

Dear all,

I'm very sorry to bother you all again.

Currently, I am writing an interface to visualize a triangulated surface
with VTK. The (Java) programmer shall be able to insert a list of
vertices and then a list of triangles by giving the indices of vertices
used by each triangle. Straight forward, I thought. No problem with C++:
I use a vtkPoints object to contain the points and vtkCellArray to
contain the triangles and create an vtkPolyDataSource-object.

The problem is, that vtk's Java interface doesn't include the method int
InsertNextCell (int npts, int *pts) in vtkCellArray.

Does anyone know another fast way to feed vtk with a list of vertices and
connectivities?

Bye,
	René

--
Dipl.-Inform. René Tschirley,              http://cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh
TU Berlin, Computer Graphics and Computer Assisted Medicine research group