PolyData from vtkReverseSense

Randall A. Jones Randall.A.Jones at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu May 18 17:59:57 EDT 2000

Hello.
  I am trying to use vtkReverseSense on a polygonal dataset, but I can't
find the resulting polygonal data that should be output from the filter.
any ideas?
here is a code snippet and output that demonstrates.
this is from a vtkPolyDataWriter subclass:
--
    vtkPolyData *input = this->GetInput();
    vtkReverseSense *reverse = vtkReverseSense::New();

    vtkCellArray *inPolys = input->GetPolys();
    fprintf(stderr, "vtkLWOBWriter input->GetPolys: %d\n",
	    inPolys->GetNumberOfCells());

    vtkPolyData *reversed = reverse->GetOutput();
    inPolys = reversed->GetPolys();
    fprintf(stderr, "vtkReverseSense reversed->GetPolys: %d\n",
	    inPolys->GetNumberOfCells());

--
output:

vtkLWOBWriter input->GetPolys: 11140